Monday 1 October 2012

I'm thankful for... relaxing walks in the neighborhood

Today at church, the sermon was on thankfulness. The pastor talked about how one woman who had experienced many tragic events in her life started slowly writing a list of 1000 things that she was thankful for and how practicing an "attitude of gratitude" is something that can positively affect all other areas of our lives. It was a great reminder for me. A few years ago, I did start writing a random list of everyday things I was thankful for but it was on a scrap piece of paper that I probably accidentally threw out. So, I want to start a new list... and there's no better day to start than TODAY. I've decided that every Sunday I'm going to try and post about one thing I'm thankful for.


So, here's THING #1:


One of my favourite activities is to take walks in my neighborhood... or anywhere outside really. And today, I got to do just that with Mr. Potatohead. It's getting colder these days in Vancouver, but if my parents can take daily outdoor walks all-year-round, so can I! hahaha. So I brought my coziest grandma sweater, my favourite potato-sack backpack, and my trusty camera on a nice stroll outside. After only taking a few steps out of my house, I found some wildflower bushes by the side of the road... here's my favourite shot of these gorgeous coral flowers!


Afterwards, we followed the yellow concrete curb that ran all along the side of the street. I like how Mr. Potatohead is on his iPhone while I am... just... happy to be outside! (a little too happy)...

Oh and in case you're wondering about outfit details (even though you're probably not), here they are:
me: grey cardigan - Forever 21 // floral shirt - Uniqlo // maroon pants - Zara // canvas backpack - Baggu // oxford shoes - random Hong Kong store
Mr. Potatohead: jacket - unknown // jeans - unknown // shoes - unknown // style... unknown. HAHAHA.


Near the end of our stroll, I picked up two rocks from the side of a construction site. And yes, I brought them home because I intend to paint on them. I almost wanted to take a whole pile of branches home too, but I refrained. One project at a time... haha. Oh and by the way, did you notice the tree had a big eye? creepy...

Anyway, that's one wonderful little thing that I love - going on outdoor walks! :)

What's one thing you're thankful for?


8 comments:

  1. love ur cardigan! prety flowers btw :)

    http://calitahin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I love these shoes!

    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yah theyre so warm and easy to wear with everything.

      Delete
  4. Pretty flowers <3

    http://nettiesolon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiii!!! i like your blog :)
    Follow you :)
    I invite you to visit me! I hope you like it!!
    http://cristalips.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love burgundy pants!!
    http://laviecestchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Burgundy pants are the best... i got mine last year and have been wearing them obsessively ever since! :)

      Delete